Saturday, November 16, 2019

The Pink Rose

I'm bringing you some horror today with one of my latest writing endeavours -Screen plays! This one needs a trigger warning as it's a little graphic and gruesome, so if you don't like gore it might be best for you to not read!
Happy reading! x




OUTSIDE THE KELMANS HOUSE IN THEIR GARDEN. THERE IS A LARGE HEDGE SEPARATING THEIR PROPERTY FROM JOHNS.
JOHN is in his garden trimming his hedge. We can't see him as he's bent down.
ROSIE comes into the garden.
ROSIE
Hello? Hello? Is somebody there?
JOHN pops his head over the hedge.
JOHN
Oh! Hello there, sorry I... you must be Miss... Kelman?
ROSIE
Yep, that's me. But my real name is Rosie, not Miss.
JOHN
Well it's nice to meet you Rosie, I'm John.
CUT TO:
A DIRTY ROOM. THERE IS NEWSPAPER SCATTERED AROUND, EVERYWHERE IS FILTHY. THERE'S A LARGE BED IN THE CENTRE, IT HAS STAINED SHEETS AND A RUSTING FRAME. ROSIE IS HANDCUFFED TO THE BED FRAME. WE HEAR A DOOR OPEN AND THEN SLAM SHUT.
JOHN walks into the room.
JOHN
Here you are petal.
He throws a pink rose at ROSIE.
JOHN
Not as pretty as you though.
ROSIE
I don't want it.
JOHN
Now we had this conversation last week, you need to learn how to be grateful.
ROSIE
What is there to be grateful for?

2.
JOHN
A nice man is bringing you flowers isn't he? You're a lucky girl Missy.
ROSIE
You are not a nice man.
CUT TO:
ROSIE
John, how do you do? I knew a dog named John, he was really big and so fluffy!
JOHN
Well he sounds lovely.
ROSIE
He was... what are you doing?
JOHN
I'm just trimming my hedge. Well, I guess it's our hedge now, eh?
ROSIE
I guess. How do you trib it?
JOHN
Trim? Well, I have this tool here.
JOHN holds up some large gardening sheers.
JOHN
It's like a giant pair of scissors that carefully chops off bits of the hedge.
ROSIE
Can I have a go?
CUT TO:
JOHN
And what did we say about being rude? Honestly, I think these things go right through your head.
ROSIE
Fuck you.
JOHN
Oh dear. That's a three striker. You know the rules Rosie.

3.
ROSIE
No. No please.
JOHN
You know I don't want to do this, but you forced me .
John picks up the large gardening sheers that are in the corner of the room.
JOHN
It's all your fault.
ROSIE
Stop! Stop! Please, please!
JOHN
It's no use using manners now.
ROSIE
John, please...
JOHN
You've already done it.
CUT TO:
JOHN
Well we'd have to ask your Mummy and Daddy first... where are they?
ROSIE
They're unpacking the car, but they said I could look round the garden before helping them.
JOHN
And what do you think?
ROSIE
It's a lot bigger than our old garden, there's more trees and flowers. Daddy said I might even get a trampoline for my birthday!
JOHN
A trampoline? Well doesn't that sound fun. When's your birthday?
ROSIE
Not till August, but I'll be eight so it's a really big birthday!

4.
JOHN
Oh yes it is.
ROSIE
When's your birthday?
JOHN
It's in November, but I'm a lot lot older than you.
ROSIE
How much older?
JOHN
Oh years and years and years!
ROSIE
Wow... that's old.
JOHN
But I'm still young at heart. Maybe I could come and have a go on your trampoline when you get it and show you?
ROSIE
Oh I'd really like that!
CUT TO:
John goes over to Rosie, she struggles and tries to get away.
ROSIE
Get off me! Your crazy! Get off me!
John holds her down firmly.
JOHN
It would be so much easier if you'd just hold still.
John lines one of Rosie's toes in-between the sheers.
CUT TO:
In the background we hear Rosie's parents call her.
ROSIE
I better go...
JOHN
But before you do, wait one minute.
JOHN ducks down behind the hedge again.

5.
ROSIE
Okay, 1 2 3 4 -
ROSIE continues to count.
CUT TO:
JOHN
And 1, 2, 3
John cuts. Rosie screams out in agony.
JOHN
All done, see that wasn't so bad.
ROSIE
You monster! You fucking... People will find me and you will-
JOHN
I will what?
ROSIE
You'll rot behind bars, you'll be tortured, I'll cut off all your toes and fingers, your ears!
JOHN
But there's a problem Rosie... no one is looking for you.
ROSIE
My parents will be-
JOHN
No, no they're not. They were glad when you went. They carried on with their lives, happier.
ROSIE
You're lying. Trying to trick me, I know what you're doing!
JOHN
I'm telling the truth. I don't want you getting your hopes only to have them shattered.
ROSIE
You're lying!
CUT TO:
JOHN pops up, in his hand he has a pink rose.

6.
JOHN
Here we are.
JOHN passes it carefully over the hedge.
JOHN
Every Rosie needs a rose.
ROSIE
Oh it's so pretty!
JOHN
Not as pretty as you though.
Rosie smells the flower deeply.
ROSIE
And it smells so good!
Rosie's parents call her again.
JOHN
You better go kiddo.
CUT TO:
JOHN
They moved on Rosie. They had another baby, you know? One that was good and kind and never disobeyed them. They love that baby, and they never loved you.
Rosie spits at John.
ROSIE
They're looking for me.
JOHN
Here we go again...
John gets up and starts to leave.
ROSIE
They're searching for me everyday.
JOHN
Believe what you want.
CUT TO:
ROSIE
Yeah... thank you Mr John!

7.
JOHN
It's okay Rosie.
ROSIE
I promise I'll look after it, see you soon.
Rosie walks to her parents, out of shot. We hear them laughing and chatting together.
John stares after her a smile on his lips.
CUT TO:
ROSIE
And when they find me.
John is a the door now.
ROSIE
John? ... They'll kill you.
John smiles and leaves.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting -I will always try my best to reply and check out any blogs! Thank you so so much xx

Blogger Template Created by pipdig