Tuesday, January 14, 2020

I'm going back to school

Yes you read that title right... I am going back to school. Only this time, I'm going to be the teacher! Now if you've been reading my blog for a while (If not then, hi, welcome!), you will know that I was applying for some PGCE courses in order to eventually become a drama teacher. Well, I can happily confirm that I did receive a conditional offer (of me completing my degree), and have therefore accepted my place and will start studying in September!
I am so excited it's actually crazy!
I'm doing a SCITT course which means that I will be in secondary schools from the first day they're back after summer and will be learning on the job.
I actually really surprised myself as before my interviews I had my heart set on a university PGCE course. However when I went there for my interview, I couldn't help but feel like I was jumping back a step. The building where I would be taught before going into schools was full of students just starting their university journey. As silly as it sounds, I've already done all that! I've had my freshers and adventurous university experience, now I just want to get onto the next step and use my degree. Luckily I applied for a SCITT course as well as a university one, and as soon as I went there for my interview I knew that was where I wanted to be. Everything was a lot more personal, and they even called me to let me know I had gotten a place -which was honestly a really nice touch. I felt the interview process was more thorough as well as I actually had to teach a 10 minute lesson to four year 9 students -so they could see if I was good with kids! (Something which is rather important with teaching!)

So when the time came to decide, I obviously went for the SCITT course. Honestly, it made me feel a little funny declining the course I originally had my heart set on, but I know I've made the right choice and I can't wait to get started!

Thank you all for reading and letting me share my good news!
Hopefully see you again,
Hollie xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting -I will always try my best to reply and check out any blogs! Thank you so so much xx

Blogger Template Created by pipdig