Sunday, January 19, 2020

Here we go again

Hi everyone, hope you're well!
So, as hopefully you all know, tomorrow is the 20th of January -also known as the day a lot of uni students start back (myself included). Tomorrow will be the first day of my last EVER semester at University... how the hell did that happen?!


So obviously,  these next 12 weeks are just going to be pure stress, hard-work and panic -so I thought I'd make life a little easier for myself by writing/doing a little 'back to uni' list/check-up. I bloody love lists, as having a way to organise my life really soothes me. So, I thought I'd pop a few on here as some basic tips and tricks to help make this semester just a little easier.

  1. Try to make your room as clean and tidy as possible before you start back. I'm a strong believer in 'tidy room, tidy mind', so this one really helps me. When everything is in it's proper place and clean then I feel like I can relax a little and purely focus on what I'm doing (Rather that letting my mind wander and ending up doing a full wardrobe sort out!).
  2. Make sure you have all your reading bought and ready to go -that way Amazon can't let you down at the last moment. Knowing that you have all your books just takes away a bit of that last moment stress, you could also go wild and even read a little before schedule as well!
  3. Make sure your cupboards and freezer is stocked up with food, the last thing you want when you've got tonnes of work to do is have to nip to the shops! Make sure you get some easy bits in like noodles and microwave rice -that way you don't have to stop the flow of work, but you can quickly have a nice meal.
  4. Pack your uni bag the night before -I don't really think this is a tip as I think most people do it, but if you don't, DO! Having your bag just ready to go with all your books, lunch and work makes the mornings so much easier. Bonus, you're less likely to forget things as well!
  5. Try to make some goals about homework and studying -if you go into the new semester with a plan then you're more likely to stick to it. My goal for instance, is to try and do my work the day I get it (or at least start it), that way I'm not going to be caught out at the last minute.
  6. Make some plans! I think it's far too easy to get all consumed by uni sometimes, make sure you leave time for yourself and your friends -and an easy way to do that is by booking a few things in. I have a few things book such as going to the spa with my friends and going to see a few musicals with my boyfriend!

I hope these tips and tricks have helped just a little and I wish you all the best first day back!
We got this!!

Love,
Hollie xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting -I will always try my best to reply and check out any blogs! Thank you so so much xx

Blogger Template Created by pipdig