Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Saying goodbye in style

Smoke sizzled off the steaks, rising in swirling and whirling patterns, enveloping the low hanging lights in a hazy embrace. The meat, smothered in butter, bubbled on the hot stone releasing delicious smells that danced into our noses.












Last night I went to the best steakhouse I've ever been to. Think butters, sauces and the most perfect, melt-in-your-mouth steak. It was my managers leaving-do, and after being with the company for 6 years, we knew it had to be something special. We ended up going to Mugshot in Bristol, a classic restaurant with velvet walls, stone flooring and 1920s music. Mugshot does 'Hotstone dining' which is where your steak arrives blue with a smouldering hot stone. You then cut off small pieces of meat and cook it on the stone, in various butters, until it's absolutely perfect. I had a sirloin steak with honey butter (AMAZING!), garlic butter and a wild mushroom sauce. I can honestly say it was the most delicious steak I've ever had, and what's better is it was served with triple cooked chips and a small side salad!

I am already planning my next trip back, and if you're in Bristol I highly recommend you check it out!
Thank you for reading,
Hollie xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting -I will always try my best to reply and check out any blogs! Thank you so so much xx

Blogger Template Created by pipdig